Best weekend ever!

We are home, and we are married!

Saturday’s weather was perfect.  My Michigan family thought it was hot, but bearable.  Our pre-ceremony party was a little stressful for a few logistical reasons (it was really far from our ceremony site, but we couldn’t have done any better because my family decided they were coming after everything closer had already been booked or was way outside our budget).  For something we put together and basically hosted ourselves, I think it went well.

The ceremony…oh, goodness.  Everything went perfectly.  I was worried–my grandmother broke her ankle about six weeks ago and is still having a lot of difficulty getting around.  I am so very thankful for our cousin-in-law Tyler and Dallas’ childhood friend Boyd, who literally picked my grandmother up and carried her to and from our ceremony site because she couldn’t use the little cart she’s been using to get around on the beach.  My only real regret is that we didn’t get a picture of just me, my mom, and Meem.

After our first kiss as a married couple, Dallas put his forehead against mine and said “yay! we did it!”. So much love.

We honeymooned at a bed and breakfast on the north end of the island, near the lighthouse but far enough away from the main drag that it was nice and quiet.  We had a beautiful room, our own bathroom and balcony, and the innkeeper’s dog really took a shine to us.  Yes–Dallas managed to unintentionally pick a place with a friendly dog, and a cocker spaniel at that! They’re one of my favorite dog breeds, as my uncle and grandparents had one who lived to be about 14 or 15.  We pretty much just hung out at the beach and around town before heading home today.

I go back to work tomorrow morning at 7 am and don’t have a day off until next Wednesday.  At least it’s a lot of hours, relatively speaking–41 hours (not including the lunch breaks I get Sunday and Monday) between tomorrow and my next day off.  We’ll be writing a lot of thank-you notes when I’m not at work.  We are so fortunate to have such amazing friends and family who came to the wedding or reached out to us to give us their best wishes.

Now that the dust has settled, we’ll be working and waiting for our marriage certificate to come back so I can go through all the procedures to change my name everywhere.  I’ve been practicing my new signature for a while.  It’ll be exciting to finally use it.

But it can all wait.  At the moment, I’m going to relax with my husband.  It’s still so weird to say!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s